Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Well hello! It's been such a long time....

I love to blog, really I do. I just can't seem to remember to do it often. I've been looking at my past posts and wondered what happened? I guess the simplest term would be, "Life." There really isn't any other excuse.
I am back on track and ready to rumble.
My first post of the year (haha it's November) would be to talk about handmade items. I've been having a lot of similar conversations with fellow beadmakers and jewelry designers. We are artists that are sick and tired of mass-produced items. It's frustrating when this is your only job right now and when bills can't be paid, it's also depressing. But a lot of that frustration can be changed. It's all in perspective. They say that success is 99% attitude and I'm starting to believe that.
I figured that we can never get rid of mass produced items so now we just have to learn ways to get around it. Here's some ideas....
1. Add artisian made to your listings. A lot of times customers will  put artisian in the search box.

2. Make your listing stand out. Use words that you would use in order to look for something.

3. Check out what other artists that have beads and jewelry on the same site. See how they word their products. Sometimes they put things in there that you would have never thought of.

4. Be creative in your description. I know that Etsy says you should tell a story about the item you made but sometimes that's hard to do. Let your piece speak to your heart and share that.

5. Keywords are important. List shape, colors, sizes, and everything else you can think of while looking at your work. Alot of people are looking for a certain color or shape so get those in there so they can find you!!

Here's some goodies for the night. Now tell "me" how would you describe it? Look at the shapes, the contrasting seed beads, the copper beads to tie it all together.....It's easy one you get the hang of it


Yellow Turquoise n Copper Bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment