Sunday, December 5, 2010

Life, Work and All Things That Drive Us Crazy

It's been a long time since I've blogged but there's so much going on and thought I'd share today. So much going on in my head about the future. Not only for me but my family life as well.

My mom was admitted into the hospital today for CHF. She's very frail and I'm not sure how this is going to turn out. I will be seeing her tomorrow. I also have finals this week and have been enduring quite a bit of stress from my son's wedding plans and dealing with one of my sister's cancer. It's all becoming a bit overwhelming right now and just holding on to my sanity is going to be hard enough. I can't work, sleep or eat and I don't want the business to suffer.

Being a one person business is wonderful, don't get me wrong but the truth is, my sale prices are not as good as larger distributors. It's like your main grocery store vs. Walmart. So that's got me thinking about the future of our store. I am now offering it for sale for someone that might want to take it over. Of course there will be a selection process as I need to make sure that the person who takes it over will be as dedicated to it as I have been for almost four years. You wouldn't only be gaining a "Name" but the reputation of the store and that means more than anything!
This job is my passion and it's my life but the passion has been dwindling. I'm tired and although it has grown so much, it's not enough to sustain me. This is why I'm in the ER program..just in case. I'll be sad to let it go and who knows, if I can't find a buyer and I do have outside work, I'll have glass to last me a lifetime or when a major earthquake hits. Yea, I still have some humor left! The next few months will hopefully tell me where I need to be. If it's here, I'll gladly stay here. If it's somewhere else, than I'll have to learn to let go. And that's the hardest part!
Contact me if your interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment