Monday, November 16, 2009

Reichenbach Price Increase

It had to happen but I'm going to try and do what I can to keep the prices down. This is why I took Reichenbach off site for a little time.
I've been selling the Reichbach 104 line and the 96 COE line for exactly what you'd pay if you went to the main distributor of this glass which is Olympic Color Rods.
I've just taken the prices from their site and then divided it into pounds instead of Kg.
1 Kg of glass is equal to 2.2 lbs. So if glass costs (for example) $15 per bundle and I bought 4 bundles that would cost me $60.00. Divide that by 2.2 lbs which is 27.27 and then by pound and then by 4 for each quarter pound which ends up to be around $6.80.
I've been told by a few people that I am undercutting other vendors. Some are charging about $8.00 for only 2 oz which of course is half of the 1/4 lb while others are charging $3-$4.50 per rod which when added to a 1/4 lb is somewhere between $20-$22 per 1/4 lb. That would make the glass almost as expensive as silver glass!
So my job is to consider their prices and try and keep mine low without really hurting them as well. They have their reasons for pricing their glass the way they do and I do too. I wasn't really making money selling it for what I was and so I need to raise the prices a bit to make it okay for you guys but also to not undercut other vendors. My prices will not be much more then what Olympic sells it for but I have to add in shipping (which I've never done before) and keep myself out of the red when selling this particular glass. YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN SEE A CHANGE IN SOME COLORS AND A SLIGHT CHANGE IN THE REST. TRUST ME, IT'S NOT GOING TO BE A HUGE HIKE. I JUST NEED TO RUN SOME FIGURES AND THEN GO FROM THERE. IT WON'T BE PAINFUL...I PROMISE!
The popularity of these colors are also adding to the price on the distributor end so I have to go with how they go as well.
So anyways, that's the scoop and hope to have this done tonite. I will have the glass listed tonite as well. It's already up there but now I just need to add inventory that is arriving sometime tomorrow.
Thank you all for your continued support and just being great customers all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment